Frequently Asked Questions
About The Workshop
Why “Orange Bike“?
It is an easy-to-remember metaphor. We will share why we chose the orange color, in the workshop.
What Do People Say? Can This Make Me a Better Mind Rider?
Yes — The workshop is designed as a “wise intervention” (more about that later) that will make you a better mind biker. Here is what people have said from past workshops (some are non-English-1st-language, so pardon the English):
- Bike metaphor simple. Good to bring to the community. People only tend to remember 3 things a time (“open, focus, control”).
- Good packaging and attention to details. A good summary of basic techniques. How to relate tools to the bike.
- About balancing openness and focus. Started with mind and branch outwards.
- Relaxing. Change the way of thinking. Helps to bring back “me” time. Reminds to stay positive. Reminds about “self-caring”. Listening part very good. Remind to listen more and to focus on people’s reaction.
- Felt funny and awkward initially and kept thinking “Are you trying to change me?” Focus on “control”. Start to realize the power of meditation. Listening exercise useful. Help to dig out more from the conversation.
- Make me aware that meditation can be open and not just focus. Tools can be used in Hong Kong to help people to get focus and can do them daily.
- Bike concept very structured.
- I was cynical at first. Some parts bored me. Two takeaways: 1. Feel comfortable just stop thinking about self. 2. Not to be reactive all the time and can be proactive. Good for work. Thinking of introducing it to my partners.
- Got me to think that you can do it in your daily life. Not easy in a group situation but workshop provide a safe place to do meditations together. Feel comfortable. Need to seek out opportunities.
- New experience. Help to think in new ways.
- Reinforcement of concept. Like the bike. Good selection of tools and how it can take place. Huge connection to openness, focus, and control. Helps creativity. Needs to practice daily. Think of pairing with ideation workshop.
What is “Wise Intervention”?
Who Leads the Workshop?
Prof. Yesha Sivan (DrYesha.com – Harvard Doctorate) focuses on linking venture, innovation, and digital . The workshop was developed in 2013, where he took a sabbatical in Hong Kong.
Prof. Yesha Sivan the founder and CEO of i8 ventures (i8.ventures) – a business platform focusing on “Innovating innovating.” He is also a visiting professor of digital, innovation and venture at the Chinese University of Hong Kong Business School. Sivan’s professional experience includes developing and deploying innovative solutions for corporate, hi-tech, government, and defense environments. He focuses on digital strategy (SVIT – Strategic Value of Innovation Technology), innovation and venture (employment black holes), mindful leadership (orange bike workshop), virtual worlds (3D3C platforms), and knowledge age standards (nine keys). After receiving his doctorate from Harvard University, he has taught executives, EMBA, MBA, engineering and design courses in his areas of expertise.
Does This Relate to Being Mindful?
Yes, we are looking for effective ways to “install” mindfulness which is a well-researched domain, with thousands of years of tradition, and that is being practiced by leading firms like Google, McKinsey, General Mills, Aetna, and others (See Harvard Business Review Article).
What is the Language of the Workshop?
Everything is in English.
Payments, Refunds, Logistics
Can I Preview the Course Before Making Payment?
Yes you can.
We have a Free 15 Minute Sample Course, which includes a selection of lessons from our full course.
We are also currently offering our 1 hour | Theory & Introduction Course free of charge. This is the first section of our 4 section course.
You can also start with our 5 minute Introduction Video to get a fuller understanding of what is on offer.
How Long Can I Access the Course?
Since we are in BETA, you will have access to these videos until the end of 2019.
What is Your Refund Policy?
Yes – in most cases we have a 100% Money Back Guarantee.
If you are unhappy with the value of the workshop, please let us know within a week, and we will refund your money.
Just let us know why we did not meet your experience? — we’ll consider that our tuition cost.
My Payment did not Go Through. What do I do?
Sorry about the inconvenience here.
Firstly, we recommend a good Internet connection and an up-to-date browser. If this is still a problem, then please contact us in the form below.
Why Aren't My Courses Showing in My Account?
If you use multiple e-mail accounts, or have different Facebook, Google or LinkedIn accounts, try logging in with the associate e-mail addresses.